YouTube is the world’s biggest video streaming platform with over 1 billion hours of streaming every day. There are millions of videos you can found on YouTube. You can watch music, sports, theatrical trailers, vlogs, guides, learn to cook, play, create etc. all at one single platform which is YouTube. Even your favorite TV shows and movies are also available on YouTube. The good thing is that you can stream YouTube on any smart TV device. For watching YouTube on your Roku streaming device you need to activate YouTube Channel on Roku via the youtube.com/activate method.
Activating YouTube on Roku – youtube.com/activate
In order to enjoy unlimited streaming contents on YouTube on your Roku device, activating the channel is must. Once you have activated your YouTube Roku channel, enjoy millions of YouTube videos every day by pressing a button on your remote.
Easy steps for activating youtube.com/activate on your Roku:
- Using the power cords and HDMI cable provided to you in the Roku streaming device box, connect the device to your TV and to a power unit.
- Insert one end of the HDMI cable into the Roku device and the other end into the HDMI port on the back or side of your TV.
- Turn on your Roku streaming player.
- Connect your Roku to a wired or wireless network.
- Go to “Settings” then select “Network”, choose “Setup a wireless network” and connect the device to your Wi-Fi. Use an Ethernet cable to establish a wired connection on your Roku device.
- Go to the Roku home screen by pressing the “Home” button on your Roku remote control.
- Select “Channel Store” and search YouTube.
- Press “OK” on the YouTube channel to add it to your Roku device.
- Launch the YouTube channel.
- On the left-hand side of your TV screen, you will see a gear icon. Select that icon.
- Sign in to YouTube using your Google account.
- An eight-digit code will be displayed on your screen.
- Open a web browser on your mobile, laptop or desktop.
- Visit youtube.com/activate and enter the eight-digit code to activate YouTube channel on Roku.
- Click “Allow access” and you have activated the channel on your Roku streaming device.
- You will see a congratulatory message on the YouTube channel screen.
These were the steps for activating YouTube channel on your Roku device using the youtube.com/activate method. Surf our website to get more info on how to activate other channels on Roku or how to setup a Roku.com/link account.